Heater is Stuck

  • Thread starter Thread starter Vinh
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Vinh

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 4, 2015
Messages
205
Reaction score
78
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like my heater is stuck at 77 degrees no matter what I adjust. I did some searches and it seems like this is not uncommon. Luckily I'm only cycling the tank at the moment. Few questions.

I was running near 80 degrees at the start of my cycle. Will this impact the cycle until I get a new heater?

I've read a controller is the way to go but I can't invest in that right now. Anyone have heater recommendations?

Anyone have experience with the Finnex Heater with controller? Are the heaters that come with a controller even worth the extra few bucks?
http://www.amazon.com/Finnex-150-Wa...C_UL160_SR92,160_&refRID=0JJ4P9M8PRHSXSBVY2FZ
 
77 is fine. A little cool, but not terrible. You can get a Finnex controller for about $30. Well worth it considering how much the tank inhabitants cost.
 
stuck at low temp is a lot better than keep running until everything is cooked in the tank. I would put a second temp monitor around the heater to prevent it from going nuts on my water.
 
I decided to roll the dice on the Finnex with controller. For the price I'm not expecting miracles but I'm hoping it's better than the el cheapo heaters I've been using. Hopefully temp won't dip any further for the next two days.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new