Heaters for my waterbox 130.4

Michael Gray

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have about 120g water. It has been running for a year and a half on a jager 250w heater. I'd like to maybe go titanium. The titanium heaters look to be rated far less gallons for watts compared to the jager. Also I noticed my jager is on quite a bit of time during this winter. If I got 2 heaters instead of the one. Tess more wattage. But on less time. Does it basically cancel out the cost of running it. My 250w on alot. Or maybe get 2 titaniums so it maybe heats faster and on less time. But still more wattage when it's on.

Not sure if I'm making annnny sense. But I wanna use two heaters in my profilux 4 powerbar

reefer024

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1 on sticking another Jager in there. It's usually 2.5- 5 watts per gallon for a heater. I been running Jager heaters for years and happy with the quality and reliability.

OP
OP
Michael Gray

Michael Gray

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1 on sticking another Jager in there. It's usually 2.5- 5 watts per gallon for a heater. I been running Jager heaters for years and happy with the quality and reliability.
Ya mine didn't break 1.5 years. I heard bad stories. So a reason to get titanium. But I might just do jagers again. Atleast for another year with two 200w. And see if I can tell any change on operating hours in my profilux

dank reefer

IG: dankreefer_IG
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jager are great heaters. I run them on all my tanks, and haven't had any issues yet with them. I ran 2 300w heaters on a 160 total water volume and it was able to keep up with the temp in winter time just fine.

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.2%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 52 55.9%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 28 30.1%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 7 7.5%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.2%
Back