heatpacks!

  • Thread starter Thread starter nixer
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

nixer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 27, 2010
Messages
1,321
Reaction score
5
Location
indiana
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
really ppl figure these things out!
they dont work while wet!
THEY ALSO DONT WORK UNLESS AIR CAN REACT WITH THE PACKET CONTENTS!

this means your best chance at them working would be to poke a small hole in the top of the insulated box. and tape (the outside edge of the heatpack) the heatpack over the hole.

THIS IS NOT JUST FOR INDIVIDUALS THIS IS FOR EVERYONE INCLUDING SOME SUPPORTERS!
 
I usually poke a hole through it with a pair of scissors then I tape the heat pack to the top of the lid always seems to work well for me... Did you get a shipment form someone or what? It sucks to get things and they are dead. Not because of the money but cuz killing stuff sucks
 
Yurp i always stab the top to get some fresh air in there then tape the heat pack to the top. Did you get a bad shipment?
 
ahh great advice! I haven't shipped anything as of yet but I am starting to think I am going to have too soon. I'll remember to do this!
 
This is how Live Aquaria ships as well. Always a huge heat pack taped to the top, with a hole or two poked through the top.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 11 6.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 28 15.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 59 33.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 12 6.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 12 6.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 27 15.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 6.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new