Heavy blue always used when trying to sell....

Zan's Aquatica

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am wondering why all the corals for sale are almost always lit with heavy blue lighting and they hardly ever show what the coral/anemone actually looks like? Am I missing something here? It just seems so common and widely accepted... and I really can't tell what it will actually look like in my tank, unless everyone has an eye for it now?

TheOne

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Which coral would you spend your money on?

Brown_coral,_note_the_dead_coralline_algae_(yellow)_probably_killed_by_disease_(6163171109).jpg

Or

walt-disney-acropora1.jpg

OP
OP
Zan's Aquatica

Zan's Aquatica

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i mean, it makes sense to me, i was just wondering why no one asks for daytime photos! so people just run their tanks on heavy blue all day? yes, i would love the colorful one, but i'd like to see how it would look un my full spectrum lighting, not heavy on blue. It's difficult for me to buy anything because I'm afraid to be disappointed that way!

Silent

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Buy from Adam at Battle Corals. He has pics of MH, T5, and LEDs on his site. That is the most transparent way of letting people know exactly what they are getting. Can't wait till I can get a battlebox from him.

OP
OP
Zan's Aquatica

Zan's Aquatica

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Buy from Adam at Battle Corals. He has pics of MH, T5, and LEDs on his site. That is the most transparent way of letting people know exactly what they are getting. Can't wait till I can get a battlebox from him.

thanks!!!!

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 98 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back