Heavy feeding Nanos

Hermie

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 25, 2018
Messages
2,444
Reaction score
2,571
Location
Georgia OTP
What state or country do you live in
Georgia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all, I have a ~30gal system that I heavy feed meaty foods (puffer)...

What are some of your strategies to dealing with small tanks that are heavily fed?
 
You’re going to need some scavengers and a regular water change routine. Good thing a nano is easy to perform water changes.

Are you skimming?
 
You’re going to need some scavengers and a regular water change routine. Good thing a nano is easy to perform water changes.

Are you skimming?

I do have a skimmer, but it's "underpowered," I have space in my sump where I could put a 3.5" wide skimmer, but I'm not sure if the water height is appropriate for which skimmers (8" height max water line)
 
I had a 28 gallon JBJ that I overfed religiously. Never had any issues. I had seachem matrix in one of the chambers, a remoraS skimmer, and Chemiclean Blue in the other chamber. That combo along with a biweekly water change and you’re golden.
 
heavy water changes, keeping track of nitrates and phosphates regularly and running gfo if necessary, carbon dosing with quality skimmer
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new