Hello 👋

Hi and glad you're here!

Just grin and bear the algae. It is unavoidable in new tanks. Keep your clean up crew strong and do not add any tangs to a tank that small. I have the smallest tang in the hobby in a 70 gallon and I can tell it is going to want more space soon. Your snails will go after the beginning stages of hair algae.

Make sure you're testing your water every week for nutrients too.
 
yea and like someone else said, manual removal. I have less hair algae than I used to but every week during water changes, I have my toothbrush in the tank scrubbing rocks. Its all part of the process and it will get better once you get good coralline coverage.
 
welcome33.gif
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 6 37.5%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 6 37.5%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 18.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new