Hello! 50g from NC

ForTheLoveOfCoral21

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R! As you already know this is the best place in the world for reefing information!

Everyone here is amazing!

Great looking aquascape and love the AI Prime 16s

Party Fun GIF by Solar Impulse

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone!

I have been a lurker on the forums forever but finally decided to register and learn more. I have been in saltwater aquariums for awhile, but I feel like I've never been satisfied with my tanks! I started with a HOB 55gallon from the ol Petco $1 gallon sale, then upgraded to a 120 gallon 4x2x2, then went for the 265 that never got filled and eventually sold. I also had a 29g bio cube back in the day. After about 5 years from the hobby I jumped back in with a 36x18x18 50 gallon tank. I recently redid the tank as it was a constant battle of GHA and cyano. My tank is a 50 gallon Deep Blue tank with trigger systems crystal sump and Bubble Magus Curve 5 skimmer.

I just upgraded the lights to AI Prime 16's x2 from the current IC pro. Also switched out one current powerhead for a Nero 3 - and plan to switch out my other for a Nero 3 as well. Got the lights installed and rented a par meter this weekend to see how the lights were and what my coral limits were. I also purchased two hammers from unique corals and so far looks great. Here's a picture of my tank with the Par settings I managed to get - you'll see R2R at the top - my setting are based off of the settings of a R2R user I found on here, haha!
IMG_1149.jpeg

Welcome!

Glad you joined. Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. Like you, I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID). What you already have here would be a great thing to copy and paste into a new thread in the other Forum > Members Aquariums section because you already have more info than most beginning. Your PAR readings were interesting. You've inspired me to get on 'borrow PAR meter' list my local club does (think BRS and others have a rental program option)

OP
OP
T

truespeed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow thanks so much for the warm welcome! I will have to start a build thread. I didn't really think about it since the tank is already built and established, but I could show the progress now that I am switching some things up. I have some dreaded vermetid snails and I noticed today my Peppermint shrimp (that was fantastic at clearing aiptasia) has starting hanging around the hammers messing with it, so I think I'll set up the fuge part of the sump (currently just empty) and relocate them to there.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 73 37.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 66 34.2%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.0%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.5%
Back