Hello Again

Pkunk35

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello fellow reefers, its really good to be back on R2R surfing the posts.
I used to post quite a bit a while back i think almost 7 years ago now (jeez! time flies).
A lot of hard times (money), and a lot of life (got married, had a child, and moved back to Chicago from LA after 9 years to open the first medical cannabis dispensary in Chicago) turned my life completely upside down in a matter of months. I gave away all my coral to either my reefer friend in northern california or to another newbie reefer couple on Craigslist who came by the day before my move and took the remainder of my livestock and some equipment for free (I hope they are still reefing!).

I have always felt this weird abruptness from that time in my life and 2 small reasons were being cut off from my reef tank and just never coming back to R2R to at least say bye to a community that is just amazing and has grown this hobby so dang much. I've always felt sorry about that.

Life hasn't really slowed down for me one bit since leaving LA, but this ridiculous year of 2020 has taught me to not wait or leave to tomorrow what I should be doing today. And that thing right now, besides a milliion other things admittingly, is for surely keeping one (or 2 or 3) Saltwater reef tanks. My wife and son think so too.

I wish i had as much time in life to comment as much as I did before, but instead I think I would like to contribute with starting a build thread showing the progression of my 32g fijicube and in there linking to resources and posts where I learn from. Its really amazing just how much a new reefkeeper can learn before even filling the tank with water these days...I hope to contribute my part.

I've attached a video of my old 7 year 20g, no sump, totally overstocked, under-maintained, mixed (obviously) reef. For all my mistakes in that tank, i learned so much from it. Thanks for reading, hope to converse with all of you on the boards!

BackToTheReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Back.png

Pistondog

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello fellow reefers, its really good to be back on R2R surfing the posts.
I used to post quite a bit a while back i think almost 7 years ago now (jeez! time flies).
A lot of hard times (money), and a lot of life (got married, had a child, and moved back to Chicago from LA after 9 years to open the first medical cannabis dispensary in Chicago) turned my life completely upside down in a matter of months. I gave away all my coral to either my reefer friend in northern california or to another newbie reefer couple on Craigslist who came by the day before my move and took the remainder of my livestock and some equipment for free (I hope they are still reefing!).

I have always felt this weird abruptness from that time in my life and 2 small reasons were being cut off from my reef tank and just never coming back to R2R to at least say bye to a community that is just amazing and has grown this hobby so dang much. I've always felt sorry about that.

Life hasn't really slowed down for me one bit since leaving LA, but this ridiculous year of 2020 has taught me to not wait or leave to tomorrow what I should be doing today. And that thing right now, besides a milliion other things admittingly, is for surely keeping one (or 2 or 3) Saltwater reef tanks. My wife and son think so too.

I wish i had as much time in life to comment as much as I did before, but instead I think I would like to contribute with starting a build thread showing the progression of my 32g fijicube and in there linking to resources and posts where I learn from. Its really amazing just how much a new reefkeeper can learn before even filling the tank with water these days...I hope to contribute my part.

I've attached a video of my old 7 year 20g, no sump, totally overstocked, under-maintained, mixed (obviously) reef. For all my mistakes in that tank, i learned so much from it. Thanks for reading, hope to converse with all of you on the boards!

Welcome back pkunk.
Let's us know how to help

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
hi welcome back to the reef going to love it here!!
lots of fun/info/fun/help/fun....
as if you didn't know that already:rolleyes::cool:

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 66 37.5%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.5%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.2%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back