Hello all from Imperial CA

Mr Cypher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey every one, New to the hobby but super stoked kept fresh water tanks my while life now switching to salt pumped for the new experience and comments or critiques of my set up so far welcome

20210718_213350.jpg 20210716_191541.jpg 20210716_191503.jpg

Supa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you trying lol quick question 2 mo in tank fully cycled livestock happy no ugly stage is that odd? or is it going to come out of the blue
I’m in the same boat as you, slight spike followed by zero everything then diatoms came just slightly on the sand and mp40s then they cleared up mostly. I’m still waiting another few months before adding coral

Supa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
odd right
Yea I’m assuming something will come out of no where. Most likely green hair algae just strange it’s not already happening, I did add dr.Tim’s in the beginning. Like a week or so after I added water. My clowns have been in there thriving. I have a coral beauty in QT but having issues with lympjcist thst I thought was ich in the beginning. But yea I say your good, just go slow from here just to be safe.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
OP
OP
Mr Cypher

Mr Cypher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea I’m assuming something will come out of no where. Most likely green hair algae just strange it’s not already happening, I did add dr.Tim’s in the beginning. Like a week or so after I added water. My clowns have been in there thriving. I have a coral beauty in QT but having issues with lympjcist thst I thought was ich in the beginning. But yea I say your good, just go slow from here just to be safe.
Thanks I need to post a more current pic tank looks the same but I have some livestock 3 clowns a whitetail bristle tooth tang striped blenny lawnmower blenny helfrichi firefish and a pair of fire shrimp (various CUC) still nothing lol maby preventing before it happens

Supa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks I need to post a more current pic tank looks the same but I have some livestock 3 clowns a whitetail bristle tooth tang striped blenny lawnmower blenny helfrichi firefish and a pair of fire shrimp (various CUC) still nothing lol maby preventing before it happens
If it’s working good and everyone is happy I would just keep an eye on it get ready to take action if something starts to get to bad, maybe get prepared for constant partial water changes. Maybe set up a decent QT as back up. You should be ok is my thoughts on the matter

OP
OP
Mr Cypher

Mr Cypher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome! Do you have lights on a schedule yet? That’s usually when you’ll see the uglies in some form.
yes I have the 2 xr15s on mobius running the LPS template full spectrum @ 40% lights are in acclimate mode right now prob at 30 to 35 percent added some zoas and a duncan

ForTheLoveOfCoral21

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome! This is the greatest place in Reefing to be. By far the best on the internet and best forum around. Every one is so friendly and so very helpful. Feel free to ask any questions and you will get so many great answers. This is the place to be. You will get advice and make many new friends. Welcome to the PARTY!

Happy Birthday Pig GIF by Angry Birds

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 8.4%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 41 17.2%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 160 67.2%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 4.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.5%
Back