Hello Everyone

PapaPat

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
My name is Patrick and I am just returning to the hobby after 5-6+ years out. I have had tanks since I was ten and transitioned from tropical, to deep into African cichlids, and then into salt water tanks before my break in my early to mid twenties. Now that I am married and a father settling into my first home I am very excited to get started back up. I am currently setting up my rodi unit/saltwater mixing station in my basement and just purchased a 90 gallon corner flow that I will be picking up from my LFS this week. I do have a little time as we are waiting for our carpet to get replaced before I fully set up the tank so I would love any tips or advice as it does seem like things have changed a bit over the years. I also still need to purchase some the basics as well as a sump and lighting. Checking out some of my old favorite online stores like Bulk Reef Supply there seems to be a lot to chose from when it comes to sumps so I would love to hear any recommendations as well.
I’m planning a mixed reef tank with fish.

Thanks and nice to meet you!

SWEET 17 After Sale!

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Marketplace Rating
Reaction score
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!

Clownfish.gif

RAP Orlando
Aquarium Specialty - dry goods & marine livestock

Macbalacano

Recovering Reef Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
My name is Patrick and I am just returning to the hobby after 5-6+ years out. I have had tanks since I was ten and transitioned from tropical, to deep into African cichlids, and then into salt water tanks before my break in my early to mid twenties. Now that I am married and a father settling into my first home I am very excited to get started back up. I am currently setting up my rodi unit/saltwater mixing station in my basement and just purchased a 90 gallon corner flow that I will be picking up from my LFS this week. I do have a little time as we are waiting for our carpet to get replaced before I fully set up the tank so I would love any tips or advice as it does seem like things have changed a bit over the years. I also still need to purchase some the basics as well as a sump and lighting. Checking out some of my old favorite online stores like Bulk Reef Supply there seems to be a lot to chose from when it comes to sumps so I would love to hear any recommendations as well.
I’m planning a mixed reef tank with fish.

Thanks and nice to meet you!
Welcome! Nice tank!

whale GIF

AS
Aquarium Specialty - dry goods & marine livestock

A Hardy, Fast Growing, Pretty & Inexpensive Coral...Does it exist?

• Yes (tell us in the thread)

Votes: 218 74.4%
  • NO

Votes: 14 4.8%
  • Maybe

Votes: 60 20.5%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 1 0.3%

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors