Hello Everyone

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello. I am very new to this hobby ( I do have 50 years or so experience with fresh water). I Just bought my first reef aquarium (Red Sea S1000) and am in the proces of setting it up. It is now in the first stages of cycling.
I am from the Netherlands, married and I have a grandson who can't wait to see Nemo in my tank :)
I hope to learn a lot here (already have) and join in some discussions.

Greetings, Peter

Hi Peter and Welcome! Glad you joined. This is such a great family hobby and I'm excited you are bringing along the next generation. Your grandson will get a lot out of this - plus he will LOVE having his own Nemo!!

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID)

This might help you find people local to you in the Netherlands:

This is a good reference book type online article I still review:

BlakeStew

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef and the saltwater hobby. Starting off I recommend you read through build threads that are interesting to you as you will usually find solutions to problems you haven't experienced yet. Routine maintenance is your friend and overall husbandry is super important when it comes to keeping reef tanks. PLEASE setup a build thread for that monster of a tank :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

G Santana

Hospitality Elf
View Badges
Reaction score
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/this-little-pigg
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to the Reef
Photo_1655241003435.jpg

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome home, you will love it here!

Let's see some tank pics! Keep us posted with your progress :)

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 63 36.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 34.3%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 24 14.0%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 15.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back