Hello everyone!

GoofyCorals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone! My name is Felix, and I’m new to R2R. At the moment I have a 55gal aquarium tank with 2 Firefish, a Purple Firefish, a lemonpeel angle fish, a Orange spotted Blenny, a Royal Gramma, a Tomato Clownfish, a Ocellaris Clownfish, a Longnose Hawkfish, and a Skunk cleaner shrimp. I’m running a SunSun Hw303B Pro canister filter and a HOB filter. Also I have a protein skimmer but I want to make the move to a sump. To be able to put all my gear into it. What do you guys recommend?

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!

Clownfish.gif

Kristopher Conlin

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!

For a sump there are a ton of options. You could go high end and get an acrylic sump or use a standard 10 to 40 gallon aquarium and put your own baffles in.

I have a trigger systems sump on one of my tanks and I really like it. But I also have some standard aquarium sumps on a few other tanks and they work great. I just added a 3d printed filter sock holder to it and it works great.

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone! My name is Felix, and I’m new to R2R. At the moment I have a 55gal aquarium tank with 2 Firefish, a Purple Firefish, a lemonpeel angle fish, a Orange spotted Blenny, a Royal Gramma, a Tomato Clownfish, a Ocellaris Clownfish, a Longnose Hawkfish, and a Skunk cleaner shrimp. I’m running a SunSun Hw303B Pro canister filter and a HOB filter. Also I have a protein skimmer but I want to make the move to a sump. To be able to put all my gear into it. What do you guys recommend?

Hi Felix and Welcome! Glad you joined. Recommendation for sump is go as large as you have space.

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID)

This might help you find people local to you in California:

This is a good reference book type online article I still review:

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
OP
OP
GoofyCorals

GoofyCorals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!

For a sump there are a ton of options. You could go high end and get an acrylic sump or use a standard 10 to 40 gallon aquarium and put your own baffles in.

I have a trigger systems sump on one of my tanks and I really like it. But I also have some standard aquarium sumps on a few other tanks and they work great. I just added a 3d printed filter sock holder to it and it works great.
Thank you! I am thinking of going with a 29gal tank and custom build it myself to save some money for gas LOL

OP
OP
GoofyCorals

GoofyCorals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Felix and Welcome! Glad you joined. Recommendation for sump is go as large as you have space.

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID)

This might help you find people local to you in California:

This is a good reference book type online article I still review:
Thank You!!! I will look into the thread before I start to build my sump.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 18 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 6.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 14.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 74 56.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back