Hello Everyone!

giphy.gif
 
Ooh nice!
You seem like you like your tech. That digital thermometer screen is great and I've never heard of an Alexa controlled tank!
I basically didn't want to have to deal with anything under the hood once I set it all up, so having all the electronics voice controlled seemed like a no-brainer. I hated having to bend down and unplug the pumps whenever I needed to feed the fish & corals, or do maintenance. I also couldn't justify spending $500+ on a controller and parameter sensor system when the Nuvo 15 being only $99 was one of the main reasons I got back into the hobby. Paying attention to the behavior of the fish and corals is usually enough for me to know what's going on, so I don't need water param sensors.

A $50 smart power strip and an Alexa speaker is all I need to control my tank without even taking out my phone and doing it through an app like all those aquarium monitors have you do. I'm honestly surprised none of those expensive controllers have any voice assistant integration on their devices by now.

That being said, I did very recently upgrade to an Aquatop 100w titanium heater because the Marineland heater already crapped out on me, so I learned not to be too frugal when it comes to equipment.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 25.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 25.0%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new