Hello from a returning reefer

  • Thread starter Thread starter jbjints
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

jbjints

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 25, 2010
Messages
8
Reaction score
0
Location
New Hyde Park, NY
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi:

I am Joe from New Hyde Park, NY and after years of being away from reefing not by choice I have decided to set up a reef tank again =). I am not going to lie.....my wife allowed me to set up a tank. I originally had a 40 gallon tank that I had to break down due to nursing school and house construction. I am now going to set up a 120 gallon tank. I want to do this right this time, not that I screwed up with the 40 gallon but I did add things and not before my tank cycled but I added hearty corals/fish that should not have been added.

It will be a few weeks before the tank is set up and my first order of business is re-supporting my joists because my tank is going on the second floor. I was supposed to have the joists re-supported yesterday but I ended up in the hospital with Vertigo and there is just no way I am getting up on a ladder with the room spinning hehe.

I hope to have my headers done by mid week and the sheet rock done the same day. I will post pictures. R2R looks to be a great community and I am happy to be a part of your family.

Joe
 
Welcome to R2R Joe!
 
Welcome to R2R! Awesome that your coming back to the hobby! And a bigger tank, too!! :wink: Glad to have you aboard!!
 
Thank you all very much. As soon as this Vertigo lightens up and I can get on a ladder and the ceiling isn't spinning I am going to get going with the joist re support project. I will be sure to start a tank build thread at that time.

I'd like to add that I would not wish Vertigo on my worst enemy.
 
Welcome aboard. R2R is an awsome place to hang out. Great members and a great administration running this site.

Chad
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new