Hello from a returning reefer

jbjints

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi:

I am Joe from New Hyde Park, NY and after years of being away from reefing not by choice I have decided to set up a reef tank again =). I am not going to lie.....my wife allowed me to set up a tank. I originally had a 40 gallon tank that I had to break down due to nursing school and house construction. I am now going to set up a 120 gallon tank. I want to do this right this time, not that I screwed up with the 40 gallon but I did add things and not before my tank cycled but I added hearty corals/fish that should not have been added.

It will be a few weeks before the tank is set up and my first order of business is re-supporting my joists because my tank is going on the second floor. I was supposed to have the joists re-supported yesterday but I ended up in the hospital with Vertigo and there is just no way I am getting up on a ladder with the room spinning hehe.

I hope to have my headers done by mid week and the sheet rock done the same day. I will post pictures. R2R looks to be a great community and I am happy to be a part of your family.

Joe

Russellaqua

Coral Junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R Joe!

revsgirl

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R! Awesome that your coming back to the hobby! And a bigger tank, too!! :wink: Glad to have you aboard!!

OP
OP
J

jbjints

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you all very much. As soon as this Vertigo lightens up and I can get on a ladder and the ceiling isn't spinning I am going to get going with the joist re support project. I will be sure to start a tank build thread at that time.

I'd like to add that I would not wish Vertigo on my worst enemy.

tate1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome aboard. R2R is an awsome place to hang out. Great members and a great administration running this site.

Chad

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 3 1.6%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 2.1%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 27 14.4%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 92 48.9%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 57 30.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.7%
Back