OP
OP
Clownshow

Clownshow

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef! What’s it like reefing in Alaska?!? I can imagine the challenge of getting corals shipped up to you.
Looking forward to seeing your tank, great looking clowns!
giphy.gif
Yeah its not easy getting things if you need the closest saltwater store is over 200 miles away. I have not tried ordering any live saltwater creatures as they charge an arm and a leg for shipping.

BighohoReef

A reefer in need is a friend indeed!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah its not easy getting things if you need the closest saltwater store is over 200 miles away. I have not tried ordering any live saltwater creatures as they charge an arm and a leg for shipping.
I can imagine my sister and brother-in-law lived up in Fairbanks for a few years. Shipping was always expensive regardless of what we sent them. Your case presents an interesting reefer challenge.

ShepherdReefer

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello I have just recently made the jump from keeping freshwater fish to saltwater. I just started my tank which is a 10 gallon (I know its not the ideal begginer tank). It is stocked with two clowns and some nassarus snails plus a few hermits. I am not sure if I am really ready for corals yet so I am holding off until my tank is a little more mature. I will be adding pics later.

Hello to Alaska, I was just in Anchorage two or so weeks ago. The first time, love it. I have loved saltwater tanks for over 25 years...I'm sure you will too. Welcome to the group.

Drndoc

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi! I'm also from Alaska and looking for like minded folks! Trying to learn about as much as possible and dip my toes into the world of corals.

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 37 59.7%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 16 25.8%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 8.1%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 1 1.6%
Back