Hello from Atlanta, GA

muddywaters

New Member
View Badges
Joined
May 26, 2026
Messages
22
Reaction score
26
Location
Atlanta
What state or country do you live in
Georgia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

I'm brand new to reefing and excited to get going. I have done freshwater for a long time (have 8 active freshwater tanks), but have never had a reef tank until yesterday!

I converted a 15 gallon Fluval Flex. Currently cycling- I put the Fritz whatchamacallit bacteria solution in there along with Seachem premixed water I bought at the LFS. I figured I'd wait to make my own RODI water and mix the salt until I get other things settled. I want to cut the opportunity for me to screw stuff up back some while I get going.

Looking forward to discussions with everyone!

saltPic1.jpg
 
Welcome to your new home for saltwater reef aquarium resources and fun! Welcome to the family! :D
welcome-home-logo-greeting-png.1484246
 
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!

Clownfish.gif
 
Hi,

I'm brand new to reefing and excited to get going. I have done freshwater for a long time (have 8 active freshwater tanks), but have never had a reef tank until yesterday!

I converted a 15 gallon Fluval Flex. Currently cycling- I put the Fritz whatchamacallit bacteria solution in there along with Seachem premixed water I bought at the LFS. I figured I'd wait to make my own RODI water and mix the salt until I get other things settled. I want to cut the opportunity for me to screw stuff up back some while I get going.

Looking forward to discussions with everyone!

saltPic1.jpg
Welcome to R2R!
 
Hello & Welcome to R2R!
IMG_5100.png
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 4 5.9%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 26.5%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 27.9%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 9 13.2%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 2 2.9%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 5.9%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 10.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 5.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new