Hello from Bama

  • Thread starter Thread starter Bubba Gump
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
!!!! Welcome to R2R !!!!

minions-welcome_orig.jpg
 
Hey guys. Just popping in to say hello and introduce myself. I live on the gulf coast and have had fish tanks for 20 years and salt for 10. I am the owner and head chef of a blue collar steakhouse. Like my signature says, I trade coral for recipes ☺
We could always use another veteran on the forum. So glad you joined us! I just wish I lived closer -- I'm dying to try out your steakhouse.
Salty Lemon.gif
 
Welcome aboard!

I used to go to Wiregrass country every 6 weeks. :)

I am opening a store in the northern part of the state. Would love for you to come visit!
 
Welcome! Where do you go for your LFS? Mobile, Montgomery? Are there some in the panhandle?
Petland in Pensacola has a pretty good selection of fish but not so much coral. I guess my favorite is SB reefs in Pensacola! Montgomery has a great store beside the mall also. Is there any that you prefer or have experience with?
 
Petland in Pensacola has a pretty good selection of fish but not so much coral. I guess my favorite is SB reefs in Pensacola! Montgomery has a great store beside the mall also. Is there any that you prefer or have experience with?
I liked Progressive Marine in Mobile over the summer while I was down there for work. The owner was really nice and they had a good selection. I wasn't sure whether or not SB Reefs had coral so I never made it over there.

That store in Montgomery closed, but one of the former employees opened a new place really close by. I went the week the first week they opened and it was pretty sparse, but I assumed it was because they were just getting started. I need to make another trip down there soon. Also don't forget about Budman and his magical garage haha.
 
I liked Progressive Marine in Mobile over the summer while I was down there for work. The owner was really nice and they had a good selection. I wasn't sure whether or not SB Reefs had coral so I never made it over there.

That store in Montgomery closed, but one of the former employees opened a new place really close by. I went the week the first week they opened and it was pretty sparse, but I assumed it was because they were just getting started. I need to make another trip down there soon. Also don't forget about Budman and his magical garage haha.
I’d like to learn more about this magical budman? Lol there was a fellow reefer I met in Prattville one time who had the whole house almost devoted to his tanks. He had some great looking stuff. Robbie I think was his name.

Mobile is a little ways from me but the progressive marine lfs was awesome when I could make the trip. Sb reefs has a boatload of fish and a good bit of coral in the back. Definitely worth a visit if your traveling down close.
 
I’d like to learn more about this magical budman? Lol there was a fellow reefer I met in Prattville one time who had the whole house almost devoted to his tanks. He had some great looking stuff. Robbie I think was his name.

Mobile is a little ways from me but the progressive marine lfs was awesome when I could make the trip. Sb reefs has a boatload of fish and a good bit of coral in the back. Definitely worth a visit if your traveling down close.
Was Robbie from GlowPop? I know someone from Pratville but can't remember their name. Budman is a sponsor on here now, his website is https://www.budmanscorals.com. It's been a couple of years since I stopped by but he used to give some pretty solid deals whenever I went there.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new