Hello From California

13Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone! New reefer here. I have been keeping saltwater fish and reefs on and off since the early 90,s. Started out using Pretty much a little bit of everything over the years! Dead-rock, under gravel filters, live-rock, deep-sand beds, bare-bottom tanks,, HOB filters, wet-dry-trickle filters, Canister filters, various skimmers, garage shop lights, VHO,s, Metal Halides, compact fluorescents and now LED‘s.
Looking back I’m amazed at how all the various equipment and the hobby in general has changed over the years! One never stops learning. l have been lucky and kept clownfish that have matured and spawned. And on the flip-side, also had to deal with losses from diseases along the way. Like when you lose a fish in quarantine.
No regrets, I’ve maintained several aquariums and enjoyed this hobby for many years. Looking forward to many more years!

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
hi welcome to the reef going to love it here!!
lots of fun/info/fun/help/fun....

esther

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone! New reefer here. I have been keeping saltwater fish and reefs on and off since the early 90,s. Started out using Pretty much a little bit of everything over the years! Dead-rock, under gravel filters, live-rock, deep-sand beds, bare-bottom tanks,, HOB filters, wet-dry-trickle filters, Canister filters, various skimmers, garage shop lights, VHO,s, Metal Halides, compact fluorescents and now LED‘s.
Looking back I’m amazed at how all the various equipment and the hobby in general has changed over the years! One never stops learning. l have been lucky and kept clownfish that have matured and spawned. And on the flip-side, also had to deal with losses from diseases along the way. Like when you lose a fish in quarantine.
No regrets, I’ve maintained several aquariums and enjoyed this hobby for many years. Looking forward to many more years!

Welcome from a fellow Californian! (I’m in the LBC)

Pistondog

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey 13reefer,
Thanks for joining,
Let us know if we can help and chime in if you can.

Jeffcb

Tang tang
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!

Under gravel filters were great. Just change the little Carbon top on the bubbler now and then and vacuum the gravel. I did that also. It worked! I still have an Eheim and it still works lol. You can learn a lot here. Welcome.

fish GIF

Weasel1960

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like new to R2R but well experienced in reefing. Welcome to the club.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 46 35.4%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 21.5%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.7%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.7%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 32 24.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%

Back