Hello from Canada, (SW Ontario)

Dustinmicks

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
May 21, 2022
Messages
26
Reaction score
60
Location
London Ontario
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all, I've been lurking and learning a lot around here for a while now and figured I should say hello. Fairly new tank, setup sometime in May. First dive into saltwater and it seems to be going well except my tank has decided to go to brown town this week, probably due to the fact I'm still using conditioned tapwater (one thing at a time). Anyway here's a few pictures, and if anyone is in the London Ontario region - or anywhere in southwestern Ontario shout out.

Right now all that's in there is two occelaris, two or three hermits and a snail, I'm going to try a few zoa frags first for corals and a few more fish and a better clean up crew once I can find snails for less than 5-7$ each. I'm trying to acquire as much as I can used and I've been pretty successful so far, so if anyone has anything near by let me know! The goal was and still is eventually to have a few seahorses and I'll move everything else to another tank, but I can't justify 250$ + per horse at the moment. Very slim pickings in this area lately for anything and everything is super expensive in Canada it seems. A bit discouraging but it's helping me practice patience, of which I have very little usually :)
20220705_165934.jpg
20220705_165752.jpg
20220705_083205.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 11 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new