13   0   0
welcome33.gif

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How did you decide what to do (Reef or Fowler)? What would be recommended for a Red Sea 170 with upgraded lights and all the add ins underneath?

Get a 4 stage RO/DI unit with a built-in TDS meter, for all the water you use.

Reefing is going to be a lot more commitment to learning water chemistry, stability, and being patient.

Here's a good read

OP
OP
TheSharksDen

TheSharksDen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Get a 4 stage RO/DI unit with a built-in TDS meter, for all the water you use.

Reefing is going to be a lot more commitment to learning water chemistry, stability, and being patient.

Here's a good read
Thanks bud. I’m not sure exactly what all I got to be honest, I know this sound stupid. I have been to this store like 20 times and he said it was a killer deal with all the “extras” it had. They are coming to setup my tank on this upcoming Wednesday so I’ll get to see exactly what’s all included in what I got but he said it can do why ever I want with what is there. I bought from a place called Nemo’s Reef in Indian Trail, NC and have great reviews and I’ve been getting my stuff for my fresh water tank there. I was looking at a similar tank that was $4,000 and he did this was close to my first options for $2,323 for everything including delivery and setup. Hope I didn’t ripped to much as I’m still new.

OP
OP
TheSharksDen

TheSharksDen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I want to some moving coral and a set of clowns and maybe a wrasse and another fish? The guys said that should be fine over time. Said to run the tank for a few weeks to get it cycled. Plus I read the cycle thread and will read the one you sent above.

Thanks for your reply! Much appreciated!

JXNATC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Excited to be here! I have a freshwater tank but bought my first saltwater tank 2 days ago and it gets delivered in 2 weeks. I bought a Red Sea 170 with all the extras. Excited to get setup and started and read some forums while it gets up and running and cycle runs.

look forward to chatting with everyone and learning more!
Welcome fellow...Charlottian? Charlotter?

Attachments

• 72267.png
    72267.png
    57 KB · Views: 30

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Excited to be here! I have a freshwater tank but bought my first saltwater tank 2 days ago and it gets delivered in 2 weeks. I bought a Red Sea 170 with all the extras. Excited to get setup and started and read some forums while it gets up and running and cycle runs.

look forward to chatting with everyone and learning more!

Welcome! Glad you joined.

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. I wish I had started while I was still in planning phase. I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID)

This is a good reference book type online article I still review:

OP
OP
TheSharksDen

TheSharksDen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome! Glad you joined.

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. I wish I had started while I was still in planning phase. I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID)

This is a good reference book type online article I still review:
Hello new friend! I'm sorry I am new to posting in forums. I would love to this and get feedback and advise from others as i build. As now i start reading thread i wish i would have done things differently and my tank hasn't even arrived. LOL

Would you message/reply for me and tell me how to create a tank build thread please?

Back