Hello from Chatham Ontario.

ChathamONCraig.

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 20, 2025
Messages
56
Reaction score
95
Location
Chatham, Ontario
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello from Chatham Ontario Canada.

New reefer here.

I've had some experience with saltwater in the past, but that was almost 20 years ago when I 'babysat' a 75 gallon system for a few days. Oh my has the technology changed over the years!

My last tank was a 30 gallon fresh tank, maybe 15 years ago. Since then I've had rough times and now find myself needing a new hobby to keep me busy. My friend, Bill W, is one of my main mentors in life.

I've bought a used 90g Seapora with a custom stand plus it came with a whole lot of stuff that I'm slowly figuring out.
I have a 30g? Adv100 Eshopps sump, skimmer, and what appears to be a full Current US Loop system. I've been playing with what I've got and have some questions... lol...

Should I wait until I have a ro/di system to spread the, still damp, sand out in the tank? I'm not sure if I'll be better off to keep the big bucket of sand damp until my next paycheque when I'll be able to purchase a ro/di system, or spread it out in the tank as it comes out of the bucket?

To be honest, I'm a bit overwhelmed, but it's better than where I was.

20250120_191914.jpg
 
Welcome to your new home for saltwater reef aquarium resources and fun! Welcome to the family! :D
welcome-home-logo-greeting-png.1484246
 
Welcome to R2R!
Whats Up Hello GIF by Make it Move

Take it slow, I'd wait till your rodi unit is in and up and running before continuing any further. Don't want the sand to dry out.
 
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!

Clownfish.gif
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 3 33.3%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new