OP
OP
A sea K

A sea K

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh really? From the "other site"? [emoji23] He likes to help out over there, but knows all the good info is over here ;)
Yes, from the "other site"
Welcome Chris, from a Chris also in Florida! It's crazy, can't believe there's more of us
And the similarities keep stacking up, I'm running an 80 gal too!

reeftank220master

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all.
I've been keeping marine systems for over 10 years now so obviously not new to the hobby but am new to this site. I have been dealing with some fish sickness and a friend directed me to this site for some advice and so far I'm glad he did. As of now just trying to sort through a LOT of information while getting accustomed to things around here.
As for some history I started with a RR 65 gal and relied exclusively on info from my LFS which went quite poorly as some of you can imagine. After some time and gaining some knowledge I moved into a 210 and that system actually did quite well till a mechanical malfunction led to a tank crash. I lost most interest in reefing after that and neglected the 210 eventually leaving the hobby for a short time. I decided to give things a go but in a much smaller set-up so I moved forward and started a small 30 gal half cube. Did not take long to realize the 30 was not quite big enough and moved into my current 80 gal system a little over 8 months ago. So far I'm quite excited with how well the 80 is doing and I'm sure the experience I've gained over the years have contributed to that success and hopefully I will be able to share what I have learned with those of you who truly are new to the hobby.
Where in Florida?

reeftank220master

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Branford. I'm currently talking to a friend who lives in PSL.
That's cool..I live in Port Saint Lucie myself.. Hows your tank coming along?
20170514_162910.jpg

Pic of my frag tank

OP
OP
A sea K

A sea K

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's been tough lately. I'm dealing with Velvet and have lost most of my fish. Looks like I have a recurring cyano problem that refuses to go away but otherwise my corals are coming along nicely. Its been discouraging as everything had been doing so well then BAM! major setback not to mention trying to deal with the losses. I've been in the hobby for a bit over 10 years now and have just decided to give a serious attempt at keeping sps healthy. My lps have been doing really well for a while now so I am fairly confident, just need to be sure not to mess with things too much and upset the balance.
Your frag tank looks awesome, I've only been down to see my bud once but next time I do I need to stop by and visit. Need to go now, wife says dinner is ready.

reeftank220master

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's been tough lately. I'm dealing with Velvet and have lost most of my fish. Looks like I have a recurring cyano problem that refuses to go away but otherwise my corals are coming along nicely. Its been discouraging as everything had been doing so well then BAM! major setback not to mention trying to deal with the losses. I've been in the hobby for a bit over 10 years now and have just decided to give a serious attempt at keeping sps healthy. My lps have been doing really well for a while now so I am fairly confident, just need to be sure not to mess with things too much and upset the balance.
Your frag tank looks awesome, I've only been down to see my bud once but next time I do I need to stop by and visit. Need to go now, wife says dinner is ready.
Sorry to hear this.. I would recommend getting chemiclean and getting it in that tank as fast as possible.. it'll Wipe Out the red slime problem once and for all after two days just turn your skimmer off it'll go crazy with the stuff in it

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 13.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 7.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 15.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 70 56.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.2%
Back