OP
OP
djvicariboston

djvicariboston

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome. Your nursing skills will be useful when tending to your fish/coral flock :) Great to have you.
Hope so, djing too? Maybe I’ll get to dj an event like reefapolooza that would be something! Haha
Nice. I see you are using 2 polishing filters. Are they just for water movement? I use the same type in my 75 when I blow off the rocks and stir up sand a little. I don't have a bowfront but looks like my tank as far as setup. I used a spare canister filter until I got my sump cleaned and set up, also moved my heater to the sump.

OP
OP
djvicariboston

djvicariboston

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sweet set up! Yeah Basically I wanted to increase flow and I have a bare bottom tank so I can achieve this! The sump I have below has a six inch sand bed some chaeto live rock and heater and protein skimmer. I just worry about keeping ph high enough where crushed coral sand bed probably would have made that easier. Any recommendations on that? I’m trying to keep it natural as possible?

OP
OP
djvicariboston

djvicariboston

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice. I see you are using 2 polishing filters. Are they just for water movement? I use the same type in my 75 when I blow off the rocks and stir up sand a little. I don't have a bowfront but looks like my tank as far as setup. I used a spare canister filter until I got my sump cleaned and set up, also moved my heater to the sump.
I don’t know where I responded this but I’m sure that I did earlier hahah I’ll find it hahah terrible apparently can have a decently successful tank so far but can’t operate in this forum hahahah

OP
OP
djvicariboston

djvicariboston

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Found it lol

Sweet set up! Yeah Basically I wanted to increase flow and I have a bare bottom tank so I can achieve this! The sump I have below has a six inch sand bed some chaeto live rock and heater and protein skimmer. I just worry about keeping ph high enough where crushed coral sand bed probably would have made that easier. Any recommendations on that? I’m trying to keep it natural as possible

OP
OP
djvicariboston

djvicariboston

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks’I couldn’t agree more! Everyone has been so welcoming and cool, funny too which I can appreciate! Looking forward to future adventures!

anthonygf

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sweet set up! Yeah Basically I wanted to increase flow and I have a bare bottom tank so I can achieve this! The sump I have below has a six inch sand bed some chaeto live rock and heater and protein skimmer. I just worry about keeping ph high enough where crushed coral sand bed probably would have made that easier. Any recommendations on that? I’m trying to keep it natural as possible?
I don't think you have to worry too much about ph. I know crushed coral and some other media like dolomite sand that is used in brackish water tanks will help with ph stability. I never had any trouble with ph swings in 6 years.

anthonygf

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Found it lol

Sweet set up! Yeah Basically I wanted to increase flow and I have a bare bottom tank so I can achieve this! The sump I have below has a six inch sand bed some chaeto live rock and heater and protein skimmer. I just worry about keeping ph high enough where crushed coral sand bed probably would have made that easier. Any recommendations on that? I’m trying to keep it natural as possible
I have 2 Jebao SCP-120 cross flow wave pumps, one on each end of the tank that alternates flow on a daily basis. Works awesome. One pump covers the whole tank.

anthonygf

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Found it lol

Great idea using those polishing filters for flow, does take up some room though. For the price what I mentioned earlier on the Jebao's is a great option.

MERKEY

Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hello and welcome to R2R!
goofy movie hello GIF

Macbalacano

Recovering Reef Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello!

So excited to finally be a part of this! Thanks for having me! I can’t remember a time that I didn’t have a fish tank, reef tank was always a dream of mine. It wasn’t until 6 months ago I acquired my 75 gallon bow front with 30 gallon sump and the dream is coming true! I’ve learned so much by reading in these forums so I want to thank you all for that! Hope everyone is staying safe and healthy I’m a nurse here in Boston as well as a DJ here in Boston. Excited to learn more and more and hopefully someday be able to contribute to help others as well.

Love, Peace and Prayers

Dj VICARI

212280DE-9B85-49A4-9799-2C56FCC32273.jpeg
welcome! Nice tank!

whale GIF

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 43 42.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 21.6%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 33.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.9%

Back