Hello from Florida- New to Reef2Reef

...And that would be my 1st learning experience! Lol. I've finally got things stable and predictable as far as daily dosing requirements. Looking at doses and system automated controls/tester. Really liking the HYDROS system so far. Been researching like crazy (making my wife a little crazy as well). So much to learn!
Hydros controllers are not bad, you can do a lot of things that will save you time consistently, and once you start getting use to it there is no turning back, I have the X4 and XP8 and I am still learning of what you can do.
 
Welcome to R2R!

R2R-Welcome3.jpg
 
Just wanted to say hello and show a Pic or two. I was in the hobby in the mid to late 90's. Had to move a few times in rapid succession after I graduated college and I eventually list everything in the tank one night. Things have changed so much since then...it's not even the same thing anymore. I put water in my tank Christmas Day 2023. Have had a couple of AHEM...Learning opportunities since then but I'm back to what could be called loose stability at the moment. This has been an instant obsession. Nice to be around like minded people in a world gone insane.

20240529_085937.jpg 20240529_090150.jpg 20240529_090112.jpg 20240529_090143.jpg
Welcome back!
Feel free to message us if you have any questions :)
 
Just wanted to say hello and show a Pic or two. I was in the hobby in the mid to late 90's. Had to move a few times in rapid succession after I graduated college and I eventually list everything in the tank one night. Things have changed so much since then...it's not even the same thing anymore. I put water in my tank Christmas Day 2023. Have had a couple of AHEM...Learning opportunities since then but I'm back to what could be called loose stability at the moment. This has been an instant obsession. Nice to be around like minded people in a world gone insane.

20240529_085937.jpg 20240529_090150.jpg 20240529_090112.jpg 20240529_090143.jpg
Your tank looks incredible
 
Lake City...North Florida. About 40 minutes north of Gainesville
I lived in Gainesville during school. Have you been to aquatropics in Gainesville? I used to live just around the corner from them. They've been around for at least 20 years. They used to have an awesome staff.
 
Just wanted to say hello and show a Pic or two. I was in the hobby in the mid to late 90's. Had to move a few times in rapid succession after I graduated college and I eventually list everything in the tank one night. Things have changed so much since then...it's not even the same thing anymore. I put water in my tank Christmas Day 2023. Have had a couple of AHEM...Learning opportunities since then but I'm back to what could be called loose stability at the moment. This has been an instant obsession. Nice to be around like minded people in a world gone insane.

20240529_085937.jpg 20240529_090150.jpg 20240529_090112.jpg 20240529_090143.jpg
Welcome to R2R!! Fellow Space Coast Florida reefer here.
Marine Life Fish GIF by Oceana
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 6 42.9%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 5 35.7%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new