Hello from Georgia

Just John

Valuable Member? Seriously?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad you're here John. I know the tank adoption story too - I bought my daughter a fish tank and it turns out it's actually my tank, just in her room with her fish in it.

1a-Welcome Aboard.gif

attiland

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone,

I'm John. I bought my wife a 55g tank a month or so ago and it turns out I am the fish and tank keeper. I had a tank years ago and now getting back into it. Hope to learn and get a lot of helpful tips and tricks from everyone.

Thanks!

John
Welcome to R2R
Welcome to R2R.JPG

FragFarm

Frag Farm
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone,

I'm John. I bought my wife a 55g tank a month or so ago and it turns out I am the fish and tank keeper. I had a tank years ago and now getting back into it. Hope to learn and get a lot of helpful tips and tricks from everyone.

Thanks!

John
Welcome to R2R! Please feel free to ask us any questions you might have, our DMs are always open! We've been in the hobby for 30+ years and our goal is to encourage everyone to do it and combat the fear that is associated with keeping reef tanks. Please feel free to email us at [email protected] for a free discouint code to our website, we ship nationwide! Our website is fragfarmcoral.com. Best of luck and happy reefing!:cool:

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone,

Thanks!

John

Hi John and Welcome! Glad you joined. Its a great hobby for couples. For us, its varied who is taking the lead on what, but my BF has lately taken over the lead in water testing (since he wants nice corals and wanted water testing more than I have time or desire to do). He's also taken over my water changes, but then I found him complaining AND not wanting me to help (but complains...), so I brainstormed and created a new task of holding hose in bucket and reporting on water level... When I do water changes instead I used my low maintenance hoses (multiples connected) that run out the door and to street drain... My way was easier and I enjoyed doing it (and it was faster), but he wanted his way, and now by "helping" he has stopped complaining about his harder water change bucket method. Over time, sure it will evolve for you, if you want it to evolve for you.

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID)

This is a good reference book type online article I still review:

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 20 31.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 52 81.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 15.6%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 10.9%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.7%
Back