Hello from Hong Kong

I Eat Ice Cubes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone! I have been keeping fw fish for about 7 years now, and no longer am I able to resist the flourescent colours which come with a reef tank, haha.

Due to space and price limitations, so I have only been able to conjure a 16 gallon tank for my starter tank (I know this isn't ideal). I'm still missing live rock for my tank, as well as wondering if there are any good saltwater stores/retailers in HK (I only know of 3 stores in goldfish street, two of which are right next to each other, and the other one, iirc is called K corals). It would be great if I can be acquainted with the local reef club :)

I'm planning to add a banggai cardinalfish, clownfish, tailspot blenny, porcelain anemone crab, and a fire or skunk cleaner shrimp (or best case scenario, a machine gun coral shrimp, but I have never seen them for sale). Still not sure about corals though, probably soft corals and LPS once the water is stable.

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!

Clownfish.gif

tharbin

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R! I don't know about today but in the 80s there were saltwater dealers all over Hong Kong, mainly on the island. They weren't with the freshwater dealers though. Most of them were small operations but great stock. Good luck.

R2RWelcome.jpg

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.7%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 30.4%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 27 23.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back