Hello from Knoxville, TN

Kitesurfer

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 7, 2025
Messages
12
Reaction score
36
Location
Knoxville
What state or country do you live in
Tennessee
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all,

My name is Michael and I have recently relocated to Knoxville, Tennessee after traveling abroad a few years. Now that I am back in the USA in a location I hope to stay longer-term, I am excited about returning to keeping corals and other marine invertebrates.

My hope is to eventually have multiple tanks, likely mostly connected with a common sump, including a mixed reef tank display tank, species display tank, a large refugium with lots of pods, and a frag tank. That's the hope anyway. Perhaps (hopefully) even more tanks than that. It will take me some time to research, plan, acquire, and build this out. I'm generally a lurker, preferring to spend hundreds of hours reading and researching, rarely posting online, but I will consider sharing at least some details of my systems build, particularly if any unique elements may help others.
 
Welcome to your new home for saltwater reef aquarium resources and fun! Welcome to the family! :D
welcome-home-logo-greeting-png.1484246
 
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!

Clownfish.gif
 
Welcome, I'm just out outside of knoxville. Shoot me a message if you need any help with anything!

Welcome Michael. I’m another local to you just outside of Knoxville. I’ve been out of the hobby for about 10 years and just ordered all the equipment for my new tank. I’ll be starting a new thread once my equipment gets here. Like @austinw150, I’m also available if you need any help!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 3.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 2 3.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 12 23.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 13 25.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 8 15.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 15.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 3 5.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new