Hello from Louisiana

Hello everyone,

So I've been keeping freshwater tanks for a while and got convinced to take the plunge into the saltwater world by a member here that I work with. I've started with a waterbox 20 cube that I got from him. A lot of videos and way more money than I expected to spend later and I finally have a running saltwater tank.

The tank is sitting on a custom built stand because waterbox wants way to much for some pvc coated osb.

My favorite part about this whole process was building the aquascape. Dry rock is just so much easier to work with for building arches and structures in comparison to the rock used in freshwater tanks.

1000001140.jpg
Curious where you are as well. I've lurked much more than posted, but I am in Lafayette, LA.
 
Welcome to your new home for saltwater reef aquarium resources and fun! Welcome to the family! :D
welcome-home-logo-greeting-png.1484246
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 9 25.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 10 28.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 5 14.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 7 20.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 2.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new