Hello from Music City USA

JimmyBiel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was asked to introduce. I'm Jimmy Bielkiewicz (bell-kay-witch), my lovely bride to be Melissa and I have kept reef tanks for 5 years, and still feel like we are brand new. We started with a 125 gallon 60 pounds of rock and one black box led and never stopped adding. In our 2nd year we upgraded to a 300. We then were offered a smoking deal on a 210 and became a 2 tank home. The 210 became our reef and the 300 a predator tank. Six months in our rays started dieing off at a rate of about 1 a month. The sharks followed, as did the lion fish. We chose to shut down the 300 sold it and used the cash to buy ai hydra 32's. As time went on we greatly missed hand feeding the rays and how excited they get when we walk in the room. A few years past and we decided a big tank with reef and rays would be our next goal. We found a used 675 gallon acrylic at an unbelievable price and in the process of setting that up now. Our plans are to have a breakfast bar down 2 sides of the 6 foot square tank.

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!

Clownfish.gif

JXNATC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was asked to introduce. I'm Jimmy Bielkiewicz (bell-kay-witch), my lovely bride to be Melissa and I have kept reef tanks for 5 years, and still feel like we are brand new. We started with a 125 gallon 60 pounds of rock and one black box led and never stopped adding. In our 2nd year we upgraded to a 300. We then were offered a smoking deal on a 210 and became a 2 tank home. The 210 became our reef and the 300 a predator tank. Six months in our rays started dieing off at a rate of about 1 a month. The sharks followed, as did the lion fish. We chose to shut down the 300 sold it and used the cash to buy ai hydra 32's. As time went on we greatly missed hand feeding the rays and how excited they get when we walk in the room. A few years past and we decided a big tank with reef and rays would be our next goal. We found a used 675 gallon acrylic at an unbelievable price and in the process of setting that up now. Our plans are to have a breakfast bar down 2 sides of the 6 foot square tank.

Attachments

• Welcome Bitmoji.png
    Welcome Bitmoji.png
    57 KB · Views: 20

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome and glad to have ya here. Nice to have some more local people on here to chat with.

TnFishwater98

Drink more fishwater there! And I still want more!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to Da Reef!
Nashvegas here

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 34.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 16 24.2%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 12 18.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 15 22.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back