0F29FBE7-E8BA-4A9C-886F-179F990EEAC0.gif

attiland

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Right, here goes.

I have little more than an idea-explosion making waves across my mind and it is saying, "build a low-tech cube or lagoon reef." I want to build an aquarium from scratch but then I look at these AIO aquariums available left and right across several price points and my dreams become fuzzy. Is my simple idea too complex to approach without a thorough foundation in aquarium maintenance? I know I need something to put water in and in my mindspace it is between 10-20 gallons, ideally a 20 gallon shallow reef tank. I know it needs a good light, a heater, some live sand and I personally like the look of dry rock held together with some epoxy and saltwater. After this I don't really know how to take my ambition and make it support life. with the exception of needing to a cycle an empty tank for 6 weeks or so first. Though really, I first have to get the glass box and that's where I'm stuck. I don't know enough about glass to to discern between brand names apart from looking at how thick and heavy said glass may be. I know TopFin, Fluval, Aquareon are easy to come across in any given chain store in Barrie. I think I want an IM or Redsea, but IM doesn't have a 20 gallon lagoon in Toronto and RedSea comes with stands that I won't want or use. Anyway...

Hello & Talk Later for Now

Jess
Welcome to R2R
Just to confuse things you can have a few fish in about 2 weeks tops
Welcome to R2R.JPG

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 42.6%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 24 20.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 39 33.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back