Hello from Quebec (Canada)

MickeyMouse

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone!
I'm new in the forum but not in the hobby.
I'm from Quebec province, in Canada, and I'm french speaking, sorry if my english can be strange, I could make mistakes.
I found this hobby when I was 14 years old, now I'm a 31 years old (at this time) dad, trying to share my passion with my little ones. At the moment it's on the good way with my 4 y.o. daughter, she loves fish just like her dad, I share with her my passion in reef keeping and koi keeping (we have a pond too). She don't do water change, but she likes to clean the pond with the net, and when we talk about feeding the fish, she loves it too much :p
On my son's side, he's just 18 months, he's pretty curious, but a little young. He prefers the koi because he prefers to touch than just watch.

As a young dad and not being rich, I try to have a nice and dynamic reef respecting my budget. I don't have super rare fish or coral, but I focus on the health of my livestock. With good water and very good food (thanks to LRS), everything is good looking and makes me really proud of my reef.

On corals, I'm a fan of montipora, birdsnest, elegance coral. In the fish, I love tangs, fairy wrasse and clownfish (wich are the reason I started in this hobby).

A view from the end of the tank (it's 6ft visible on 3 faces, this is the tip)

_MG_0026_1365x2048 by MickeyMouse07

My two lovely partners, last summer, so happy to share my passions with them, when it becomes a family hobby, reef keeping becomes so much better :)

11665589_10153020732402759_4891633775617084825_n.jpg

ReefFrenzy

Shrimp Pimp
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R and thanks for the shout out! Your tank looks great, as do the little ones. We are gaining quite a following in Canada, but geeze your exchange rate is brutal! :eek:

OP
OP
M

MickeyMouse

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks everyone!
And Larry I cannot forget to thank you, I already thanked you before, it's Simon ;)

And I know it's a really hard time for Canada, the exchange rate is terrible, but LRS it's really worth it and that's why I want to spread the word about LRS around here, I work hard on it ;)

Diesel

ME=1, CANCER=0.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
welcome2-jpg.330173

Lionfish Lair

Renee
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello from California and Newfoundland! I'm still a Newfie at heart and sometimes I think maybe I would like to go home to live some day. Then my folks remind me of the winters and I remember why I live in California. Welcome aboard!

OP
OP
M

MickeyMouse

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello from California and Newfoundland! I'm still a Newfie at heart and sometimes I think maybe I would like to go home to live some day. Then my folks remind me of the winters and I remember why I live in California. Welcome aboard!

Thanks! Of course I understand your point about winter :p
It's not because we're born in a snowy place that we love cold. I love my region, I like winter sometimes, but I also have the dream of going to live in Florida ;)
To your defense, New Foundland has a colder weather than Montreal. I think I will never move north from here, if I have to move, it will be down.

How was the transition going to live in the USA?

OP
OP
M

MickeyMouse

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to the R2R community!
Also being blessed with great children :)

Thanks twilliard! I feel lucky with my children, having so beautiful children make me feel proud, and maybe it's good for my self esteem :p
But my real luck is to be blessed with healthy children, it has no price ;)

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 19 16.5%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 51 44.3%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 39 33.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back