Hello from South Africa!

jared.ganesan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello fellow reefers. I am from South Africa. Here is my Nano reef tank which I call Tropical heat. Tank age 2 years and 8 months old. It's 60cm long. Water volume 70 lt. Lightning via ecotech radion xr30 gen 3 pro. Dosing two part +kalkwasser. Nutrient control via refugium with cheato + diy nopox. Skimmer bubble magus curve 5. Sonoff controller used on skimmer, ato, refugium and return pump. Enjoying the journey. Definitely not a race. Pics of my system below. I do move corals from time to time to find a sweet spot and experiment with the look of the aquascape.

IMG_20210830_181646_489.jpg IMG_20210903_203325_528.jpg

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello fellow reefers. I am from South Africa. Here is my Nano reef tank which I call Tropical heat. Tank age 2 years and 8 months old. It's 60cm long. Water volume 70 lt. Lightning via ecotech radion xr30 gen 3 pro. Dosing two part +kalkwasser. Nutrient control via refugium with cheato + diy nopox. Skimmer bubble magus curve 5. Sonoff controller used on skimmer, ato, refugium and return pump. Enjoying the journey. Definitely not a race. Pics of my system below. I do move corals from time to time to find a sweet spot and experiment with the look of the aquascape.

IMG_20210830_181646_489.jpg IMG_20210903_203325_528.jpg
Welcome! Gorgeous tank!

Glad you joined. Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. Like you, I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state (though mine is not as pretty as your tank). Once you create your first post in your thread and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID)

OP
OP
jared.ganesan

jared.ganesan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
T
Welcome! Gorgeous tank!

Glad you joined. Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. Like you, I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state (though mine is not as pretty as your tank). Once you create your first post in your thread and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID)
Thank you for the kind words. I'm sure yours is great, I will look forward to seeing your build thread. I'm new to forums so thanks for the advice dude. I will start a thread soon. I am on instragram account name tropicalheat_aquatics

ForTheLoveOfCoral21

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What an awesome looking tank. Glad you found it to R2R. This is by far the best place on the net for information and help with Saltwater reef keeping.

You will love it here and make lifelong friends. Unlike a lot of other forums everyone here is super nice and helpful.

Happy Tuesday!

Hell Yeah Dancing GIF by collin

Just John

Valuable Member? Seriously?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome! Gorgeous tank!

Zx- Pointing up.gif
What they said!

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 24 28.6%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 19 22.6%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 22 26.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 19 22.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back