Hello from the Netherlands

KoenE

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 1, 2025
Messages
48
Reaction score
59
Location
Netherlands
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone,
My name is Koen and I'm in the hobby for around 2 years now, so lurking on reef2reef for a while already and just soaking up information.
My current tank (100L) running flawlessly for the last year after having had battles with all kinds of dinos during the first year (knocks on wood). The tank is fully stocked with +-45 different corals including 5 acroporas, 5 styloporas, 9 montiporas, LPS and 6 zoanthids. The only pest(s) I have now are vermetid snails (and bristle worms). For fish: a pair of clowns, Koumansetta rainfordii, Elacatinus evelynae, chromis viridis and Nemateleotris magnifica (and a cleaner shrimp and pompomp crab as well).
20250201_210914.jpg

Yesterday I filled up my second hand reefer 170 which will be my future (hopefully just quarantaine) tank after I find a new place to live. I don't want to move my current tank because it has a cracked bottom underneath the overflow which is fixed with silicone. So I'm slowly cycling my new tank to be able to move that one with me to a new place when it's all cycled. The scape is already made to be easily be taken apart and the whole thing will be ran by homeassistant eventually. The goal is to get this tank 100% pest free. So it's started up dry as well and I will make a build thread in the coming days to document the whole journey including wiring and programming. And off course how I'm going to try to run pest-free.

Kind regards,
Koen
 
Welcome to your new home for saltwater reef aquarium resources and fun! Welcome to the family! :D
welcome-home-logo-greeting-png.1484246
 
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!

Clownfish.gif
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 2 28.6%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new