Hello from the Suburbs of Boston,MA

ED3

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone,

My name is Eddie, I live right outside of Boston, MA and I'm active as Edward in the Boston Reefers Society for those of you from the area. I currently have both salt and freshwater aquariums, both of which are 20 gallons. My freshwater aquarium is a rimless shallow 20 gallon pond with both aquatic and terrestrial plants and showcases a pair of "Triple Red" apisto cichlids with various other fish rounding out their community.

My saltwater tank is a 20 gallon (H) that currently houses 2 percula clown fish or so I was told; I'll find the time and patience to count their dorsal spines someday o_O. I finally have this tank stable and cycled after months of issues and lots of money spent on new salt and some really awesome new equipment...come to find out I had grabbed the wrong refractometer from my home laboratory (I'm a professional brewer and a microbe/plant geneticist) and had been using an hold homebrew refractometer for two months. After spending $20 on a new refractometer, the gravity was brought down (from over 1.045) slowly as to not kill the fish who somehow survived this ordeal. Boy did I feel dumb with the background I have hahahaha.

I look forward to being active here sharing what I'm doing, learning and giving advice along the way!

Eddie

ScubaFish802

Just keep swimming
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
3BB516F1-0122-4886-809B-8D968530144A.jpeg

KingTideCorals

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef! Hope you are enjoying hanging out so far on the forum! Place is full of great tips and helpful people!

IF you want you should come check out my channel may have some helpful tips and tricks!!

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0

Pistondog

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone,

My name is Eddie, I live right outside of Boston, MA and I'm active as Edward in the Boston Reefers Society for those of you from the area. I currently have both salt and freshwater aquariums, both of which are 20 gallons. My freshwater aquarium is a rimless shallow 20 gallon pond with both aquatic and terrestrial plants and showcases a pair of "Triple Red" apisto cichlids with various other fish rounding out their community.

My saltwater tank is a 20 gallon (H) that currently houses 2 percula clown fish or so I was told; I'll find the time and patience to count their dorsal spines someday o_O. I finally have this tank stable and cycled after months of issues and lots of money spent on new salt and some really awesome new equipment...come to find out I had grabbed the wrong refractometer from my home laboratory (I'm a professional brewer and a microbe/plant geneticist) and had been using an hold homebrew refractometer for two months. After spending $20 on a new refractometer, the gravity was brought down (from over 1.045) slowly as to not kill the fish who somehow survived this ordeal. Boy did I feel dumb with the background I have hahahaha.

I look forward to being active here sharing what I'm doing, learning and giving advice along the way!

Eddie
Welcome Ed,
Share your expertise.
Always something to learn

Stuck to your aquarium: Do you put reef-related stickers on or around your reef system?

• I have reef-related stickers everywhere!

Votes: 5 2.8%
  • I have some reef-related stickers on or around my reef system.

Votes: 51 28.5%
  • I have some reef-related stickers, but not on my reef system.

Votes: 38 21.2%
  • I don’t have reef-related stickers, but I am interested in getting some.

Votes: 21 11.7%
  • I have no interest in reef-related stickers.

Votes: 62 34.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.1%
Back