Hello From this Newb

Excited to take the dive and convert my 125 African Cichlid tank to a mixed reef tank. Kept cichlids for about 10 years +/-. Will be using cannister filters Sunsun 304b x2 each rated @525 gph (I know, I know). I have Viparspectra 165w x3, 2100 gph wavemaker combo (probably add another before stocking) RODI unit, big jug of FritzZyme 9, refractometer, plenty of Aragonite sand from old tank and approx. 115 lbs. of KP Aquatics dry rocks. Will get a Brute for mixing. Working on my aquascape now.
Cannister filter tray setup suggestions appreciated as well as any other suggestions/advice.
Patience=Success

Here's my 2nd revision of aquascape. FYI will not use eggcrate in reeftank, just had left over from using with cichlids and serves as excellent footprint for scaping.

scapeside.jpg scapefront.jpg
Welcome to R2R
Welcome to R2R.JPG
 
Welcome! Glad you joined.

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID)

This is a good reference book type online article I still review:
https://www.reef2reef.com/ams/the-supreme-guide-to-setting-up-a-saltwater-reef-aquarium.84/
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 7.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 22.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 16 25.4%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 14.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 12.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 5 7.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new