OP
Placenta89

Placenta89

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi and welcome! Beautiful corals!
Thank you! hope to add some other nice ones soon. Since it's a small tank I figure I'd spend a bit more and go with some more intense coloured ones and pray for the best. Got my eye on a nice rainbow acan and hope it doesn't sell before I can head down there.

MERKEY

Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hello and welcome to R2R!
Goofy Movie Hello GIF

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

Ro Bow

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you! hope to add some other nice ones soon. Since it's a small tank I figure I'd spend a bit more and go with some more intense coloured ones and pray for the best. Got my eye on a nice rainbow acan and hope it doesn't sell before I can head down there.
sounds like a plan!

saltybees

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome fellow Canadian! Tank looks awesome but don’t blow your load too fast, still a young system and lots happens in the first year regardless of how much you try to maintain..patience is definitely a virtue in reefing. diatom blooms are generally from a lack of available nutrients, not really related to lighting just fyi. Keep it up!

attiland

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey been skimming information from here for a long time and just joined in. After a first disaster of a tank I restarted and was hoping to get some feedback / other upgrade options for the biocube 32.

Currently I've gone hood less with the Ai Hydra 32 light which is amazing and currently trying to find a sweet spot of saxxby setting intensity so I don't get diatom blooms from too much light.

Media basket I'm getting next week from in tank

Got the mini uv sterilizer running and also got a chaeto in the back Running 8 hours of a small strip led at night.

As the tank is only 4 months old I think I've come to terms with the brown town stage which is dissipating daily :)

Looking for coral suggestions and wondering about acans! Lovely rainbow frag I wanna put on the back ring and was hoping it could take over the ring
But I would love some color and coral specimens you would think might look nice in here. Eventually I'll be adding some flat shelf rock towards the back right to build it up a bit more. But I haven't had to tear the tank down yet due to old mistakes :)

Resized_20210922_110917.jpeg Resized_20210922_101923.jpeg Resized_20210921_124116.jpeg 20210921_231715.jpg
Nice tank. Welcome to R2R
1C5A3A14-A576-4B9F-92BB-6BDA524E0A4B.jpeg

OP
OP
Placenta89

Placenta89

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome fellow Canadian! Tank looks awesome but don’t blow your load too fast, still a young system and lots happens in the first year regardless of how much you try to maintain..patience is definitely a virtue in reefing. diatom blooms are generally from a lack of available nutrients, not really related to lighting just fyi. Keep it up!
Thank you sir! Patience is such a small sacrifice after seeing how some of the people's tanks on here turned out. Pay off is huge! Yeah my lights weren't helping it either. My anemones faded huge in color and after lowering them to about 60% their color is back and the algae has gone down quite a bit. Slowly other better algae is taking over. Just keeping daily testing and weekly water change schedule and this time next year it's gonna be great. I was at 0 nitrates last month as well but someone told me to dose it to about 10ppm and I've seen some decent extension on my torch from that. No idea if that's a good thing or not but trying not to play with and adding different media this time. Any tips are greatly appreciated! Cheers fellow Canadian :)

RC51

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey been skimming information from here for a long time and just joined in. After a first disaster of a tank I restarted and was hoping to get some feedback / other upgrade options for the biocube 32.

Currently I've gone hood less with the Ai Hydra 32 light which is amazing and currently trying to find a sweet spot of saxxby setting intensity so I don't get diatom blooms from too much light.

Media basket I'm getting next week from in tank

Got the mini uv sterilizer running and also got a chaeto in the back Running 8 hours of a small strip led at night.

As the tank is only 4 months old I think I've come to terms with the brown town stage which is dissipating daily :)

Looking for coral suggestions and wondering about acans! Lovely rainbow frag I wanna put on the back ring and was hoping it could take over the ring
But I would love some color and coral specimens you would think might look nice in here. Eventually I'll be adding some flat shelf rock towards the back right to build it up a bit more. But I haven't had to tear the tank down yet due to old mistakes :)

Resized_20210922_110917.jpeg Resized_20210922_101923.jpeg Resized_20210921_124116.jpeg 20210921_231715.jpg
Welcome to R2R!!! Nice tank with beautiful torches.

SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi and welcome to Reef2Reef!

SeahorseKeeper

Where's the mysis?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.4%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 28 16.3%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.6%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 74 43.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.7%
Back