Hello humans . . . new to R2R

Welcome. Thanks for taking a second to introduce yourself.

Based on your title I can tell we will be friends.

1565128626273.gif
 
Just wanted to introduce myself and say a few words. I consider myself an aquarium enthusiast and I am excited to join the R2R community! This website seems like a great resource and a good place to show off all the hard work that goes into this hobby. I started in the hobby in 1992 with a 20g freshwater aquarium and in 2002 I started my first saltwater tank. Over the years I have had several different tanks and setups both fresh and salt. I have kept softies, SPS, LPS, clams, inverts, and a variety of saltwater fish. My personal favorite corals after all these years still seem to be mushrooms. I know some people consider them more of a "nuisance" or a beginner coral, but I just love the variety, hardiness, shape and texture.

About 3 years ago my wife and I decided to move to a completely new area which meant selling our home and the majority of our belongings. I had a few tanks running that I broke down and sold, and also some the of extra equipment I wasn't using and didn't want to move and store. I was going to wait until we bought a house again, but I have grown impatient and decided to put together a little budget build to satisfy my addiction. I will start a thread for the tank here on R2R when I figure it all out, or follow on Instagram: tatooinemarine
Welcome! Glad you’re hear fellow enthusiast!!!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 3.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 4 7.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 24.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 14 24.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 15.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 14.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 3 5.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new