Hello. I'm getting back in after being out for 19 years

William Sharkspeare

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
May 30, 2026
Messages
84
Reaction score
107
Location
a tropic sea
What state or country do you live in
Pennsylvania
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I've always had an interest in the aquatic world. My father kept a saltwater tank when I was young, back in the bleached coral skeleton days. He passed while I was still young but my mother kept his tank (I want to say 170g) and eventually added about a 300 gallon one. These were both fish only with coral skeletons. No live rock. They did really well. He also got my mother into scuba diving and she in turn got my brother and I certified.

Sometime around my freshman year of high school I got a 10 gallon fresh water. This would soon lead to a job at my LFS. I was there for 8yrs and learned a lot. The first 4yrs - when I was "full time" - were the best. The 4yrs I was away at college I would work when I was home on breaks. I miss those days and those guys!

In those 8 years I would get rid of the 10 gallon. Add a 150 gallon fresh water, a 65 fresh which eventually became a fish only salt, a 30 FOWLR, and a 10 nano reef.

I have spent the last 6 months catching up on things I have missed. I like that a lot of fish can be captive bred now.

I had an IM 240 INT delivered about a month ago and recently I added 100lbs of TBS rock.

Stay tuned.
 
Welcome to your new home for saltwater reef aquarium resources and fun! Welcome to the family! :D
welcome-home-logo-greeting-png.1484246
 
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!

Clownfish.gif
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 16 28.6%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 32.1%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 10.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.4%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new