Hello, new member here!

Ishaithecoralguy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hello everyone my name is Ishai thatcher. Im fifteen almsot sixteen and have had a reef ever since i was 9. I have a great base of knowledge of what works from my successes in that 7 year span, im also a certified scuba diver and self proclaimed ocean activist. My current endevor is to breed clownfish.
My setup now:
40 gallon breeder/into 4 by plexi glass
Filtration: refugium, filter sock, large skimmer, carbon reactor, canister filter with bio media.

My livestock in this tank includes:
A pair of spawning phantom ocellaris
Some other asorted clowns.

My reef tank is a 30 gal biocube hqi (metal halide) with a diy led halide hybrid lightning, filtration is usper simple. Just a refugium and a filter sock. This tank is thriving with another pair of spawning clowns and a long list of coral of all different kinds. I have zoas, palys, acros, Montipora, euphyllia and mushrooms. Besides the clowns all that lives in their is an assorted cleanup crew, a breeding pair of peppermint shrimp, and a decorator crab.

Im wanting to rig up a diy sumo attached to the biocube. I would like to drill for a bulk head so i can use an old sumo or make one out of a 10 or 20 gal. I need advice about how the heck to do that. Im also planning to start using kalkawasser in my ato.

I feed all my fish tdo chromaboost and lrs fertility frenzy. My corals all get reef roids amd reef chili.

Just wanted to go ahead and intoruduce myslelf and get some feedback.

Thanks.....here are pics.

86515BB8-A6B9-4627-9EF5-D096D43E134A.jpeg

DDD75A67-46C0-4536-969D-7FE094E6207A.jpeg

5268F3C0-7BA4-4EC5-ABD6-F617D7F9C0E6.jpeg

C8634F51-4DB4-4EA2-8E21-12FFDAEBF8BD.jpeg

mike werner

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome,I'm always excited to see new members especially the younger generation.It brings back so many memories of when I started way back in the 70's.I'm not much help on the drilling of glass but other members will chime in shortly that have that kind of knowledge.Joining this forum is one of the best decisions you could have made as I'm sure you already know or you would not be here.Thanks for introducing your self and I look forward to hearing more from you.Happy reefing my young friend.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Ishaithecoralguy

Ishaithecoralguy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome,I'm always excited to see new members especially the younger generation.It brings back so many memories of when I started way back in the 70's.I'm not much helping on the drilling of glass but other members will chime in shortly that have that kind of knowledge.Joining this forum is one of the best decisions you could have made as I'm sure you already know or you would not be here.Thanks for introducing your self and I look forward to hearing more from you.Happy reefing my young friend.

Thanks so much it means a lot. I started in the facebook groups, but people are to opinionated for my liking there. Especially in the larger groups. This forum has a history of providing great information, better discussions, and the best people! Cheers and hope to hear more from you and everyone else soon!

OP
OP
Ishaithecoralguy

Ishaithecoralguy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im just a simplicity above all kind of reefer. If it aint broke dont fix it. Pretty much even if my tests say i have a ph of 7 and and alk of 5 or some other crazy number snd my coral is still happy and open, i just ignore it and assume its wrong.

Muttley000

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome and great job on the intro! Youth entering the hobby will keep it growing, informed and educated youth will advance the hobby! Good luck in your efforts and there will be many here eager to help! Have you sought out a local club, many are willing to help young people with donations!

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 24 28.9%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 19 22.9%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 22 26.5%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 18 21.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back