Hello new to the Forum

StormyVT

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello From Vermont. I have read many posts on this forum over the past year and a half and decided its time to join. Currently in the process of cycling a new tank which hopefully will be fully cycled this weekend after 7 weeks. for the past year and a half I've been using a Red Sea max250 and decided to upgrade to a Innovative Marine 112 int. I do have a question about adding a second clownfish. Currently I have a mocha storm ocellaris in the Red Sea that eventually will be moved to the new tank.

Would it be ok to add a second mocha storm if mine has been alone for a year and half?

If it is ok, Would it be smart to add the juvenile to the new tank first then move the older one into the new tank? or other way around?

Excited to join a knowledgeable forum, thank you for taking some time to read.

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to R2R!!! Adding a juvenile clown would be a reasonable choice. Rearranging the rock work or making sure there are hiding places would be helpful. Of course, clowns are weird so nothing is guaranteed!

Clownfish.gif

Pistondog

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello From Vermont. I have read many posts on this forum over the past year and a half and decided its time to join. Currently in the process of cycling a new tank which hopefully will be fully cycled this weekend after 7 weeks. for the past year and a half I've been using a Red Sea max250 and decided to upgrade to a Innovative Marine 112 int. I do have a question about adding a second clownfish. Currently I have a mocha storm ocellaris in the Red Sea that eventually will be moved to the new tank.

Would it be ok to add a second mocha storm if mine has been alone for a year and half?

If it is ok, Would it be smart to add the juvenile to the new tank first then move the older one into the new tank? or other way around?

Excited to join a knowledgeable forum, thank you for taking some time to read.
Welcome stormy,
Cant answer the clown question, but will forward to daughter, who might. Arent clowns friendly to their own kind?
Hope you can add to the experiences here

OP
OP
S

StormyVT

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sounds good. I wasn't sure if I added the juvenile to the new tank and then moved the adult from the Red Sea 250 would be better. I get nervous with my fish they are like kids to me. I had a male demosani cichlid in a 75 gallon that would stress me out. he wouldn't let anyone near the rock work.

OP
OP
S

StormyVT

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome stormy,
Cant answer the clown question, but will forward to daughter, who might. Arent clowns friendly to their own kind?
Hope you can add to the experiences here
I will try to add to the experience. only been into saltwater for a year and a half. there is so much to learn which is part of the fun.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 102 86.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.5%
Back