Hello R2R from Cincinnati/Northern KY

briansteenhoek

Warrior4Christ
View Badges
Joined
Oct 6, 2008
Messages
26
Reaction score
0
Location
Ludlow, KY
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do not think I officially entered on this meet & greet forum. My name is Brian Steenhoek and I have a passion for salt water in general. I can recall when I was in my early teen and set up a 150 gal salt fish tank. I had seahorses and some hard to keep fish, but they all died when a neighbor watching my tank turned up the heater and to this day never knew why. Anyway you could say it has been in my blood ever since. Over a year ago I set up a nice 210 gal salt fish tank with LR and it is running great. I have several tangs yellow, blue, brown, sweetlips, clown, a couple of foxfaces, snowflake eel, engineering gobie, fu-man-chu lion, lawn mower gobie, red hawk, and a few damsels. I set it up with LR and fake coral. Love the way it looks and thought it sure would be nice to have a real reef, so here I am. I started a nano cube in my office with mainly soft corals and LR and it has taken off and I figured what was I going to do when everything out grows the nano, so my first project is going to be a 90 gal rr and I am just starting and excited to have R2R as a source of information. I look forward to getting to know other members and grown a show tank. Thanks for your time. :angel:
 
its been really nice talking with you brian! cant wait to see the process of the 90 :) you should def. start a tank thread in member tanks to document the process and then growth of the tank
 
Welcome to R2R friend! :D
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 12 46.2%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 7.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new