Hello there!!

Chops30

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dropping this thread to say hello. Newb here and to reefing. Currently I have a 120 gal. tank new and matureing. I'll tell you more later it's late.:bigsmile:

Shrooms007.jpg

tc269

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
looks like it is off to the right start.. just time and that will mature into a beutiful tank. also welcome!!

Russellaqua

Coral Junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to the forum.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to R2R!!

I

inactive

View Badges
Welcome to R2R! I am also new here and so far it has been an awesome experience!

OP
OP
Chops30

Chops30

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, how about alittle about myself and my tank. I shall dareto tell you of my first saltwater tank. Started about 6 years ago It was a 55 gal. kit from Wally world, emperer 400, heater and that's about it.Yikes!! Aywho, it didn't go so well as you could imagine. Well fast forward to last year the bug hit me and hit me hard so I told myself alright if your gonna do this let's look more into it. With a lucky Google roll I managed to find a local reef club. THey were and have been awesome, I also found other sites and forums stocked full of info. Strange I didn't find this one sooner. After a year researching, asking questions, and going to some local meetings. The time came in June to start my journey. Here is a List of equipt. That I chose;

120gal. All Glass 48X24x25
55 gal. sump <---my old tank lol
Oct. DNW-200
2 Coral vue 250w electronic ballasts
2 Lumen bright reflectors
2 250w 12k reeflux SE bulbs
Coral vue 2xT5 retro kit with moonlights
Reefkeeper Lite controller Ver.3
return pump Oceanrunner 3500
and let us not forget our friends Eggcrate and PVC
Two key but often understated reef keeping gear.

And stuff in the tank;
100 Ibs fine agorinite(spl?)
120-130Ibs LR
various snails
various mushrooms
2 chromis
1 Royal Gramma
3 polyps Eagle eye Zoas
Oh yeah and GSP like crazy already had to trim it back

Nearly all my Live Rock is from a local memember who was down sizing. He needed the rock gone so I got any mushrooms that happened to be on them and their are quit a few. Four different species by my count. Funny thing was when I was transfering the LR to the main tank. i looked hard with a flashlight at the crap on the bottom of my tubs for any snails and what nots. There was a group of 3 small somethings I thought were sea squirts they were that tiny. I figured they were alive so I put them in a container with some shells and low and behold 2 weeks later they opened into Zoas WOOT !! free coral. I then got some Cheato from another local reefer and boom to more different mushrooms. So I pretty well mushroomed up and haven't payed for one yet. lol:nerd:

Last edited:

Reef Pets

Bioprospector
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome! I can see that the new addiction is coming along well.

OP
OP
Chops30

Chops30

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Temp. holding tanks
100.jpg

reefkeeper this things the poop!!
111.jpg

110.jpg

step stool cause I like my stnads were I can see them but then couldn't reach into the tank lol
tankbuild008.jpg

003.jpg

002-2.jpg

Half full floor still holding
003-1.jpg

ahayes13

In a reefin' haze
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
very nice! you should consider starting yourself a thread in the members tank section. you can put all the info in there and of course tons of pics.... :)

Back