Hello world

Bluefalcon2017

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey y’all,

I’m blueflacon! I started my salt water adventure in 2015. I was in the Marine corps stationed in California when I saw a used aquarium setup for a decent price. I purchased the 40 gallon tank, stand, sump, and RODI unit and went to work.
Like every new goer, I spent a ton of money to get it running, threw fish in it and learned to slow down after I got started.

after about 8 months, The “great” state of California experienced a large fire and I experienced a 4 day power outage. Without backups, after day 1 my lovely boxfish and the rest of my crew parished.
Here I am now, 2021, out of the Marines and back home. I purchased a Redsea 250v3 roughly a month ago! I’m back in the hobby!!!!

so after talking with my local fish guy, I learned nearly all of my 2015 equipment has been pushed aside to this new fancy wifi (built in) stuff.
So anyway, long backstory but here I am. Newish to the hobby after a revamp. I’m glad to be here and can’t wait to poke my head around the forums.

oorah

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef and thank you for your service!

Clownfish.gif

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey y’all,

I’m blueflacon! I started my salt water adventure in 2015. I was in the Marine corps stationed in California when I saw a used aquarium setup for a decent price. I purchased the 40 gallon tank, stand, sump, and RODI unit and went to work.
Like every new goer, I spent a ton of money to get it running, threw fish in it and learned to slow down after I got started.

after about 8 months, The “great” state of California experienced a large fire and I experienced a 4 day power outage. Without backups, after day 1 my lovely boxfish and the rest of my crew parished.
Here I am now, 2021, out of the Marines and back home. I purchased a Redsea 250v3 roughly a month ago! I’m back in the hobby!!!!

so after talking with my local fish guy, I learned nearly all of my 2015 equipment has been pushed aside to this new fancy wifi (built in) stuff.
So anyway, long backstory but here I am. Newish to the hobby after a revamp. I’m glad to be here and can’t wait to poke my head around the forums.

oorah
Welcome and Welcome Back!

If you still have any of your old equipment, then don't disregard it. Remember those LFSs like to sell things, and while it is nice to support local, you also should get the right thing for you and your setup.

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. Like you, I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID)

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 33 52.4%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 35 55.6%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 13 20.6%
  • None.

Votes: 14 22.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 7.9%
Back