Hello

  • Thread starter Thread starter AlexG
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

AlexG

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 20, 2013
Messages
2,112
Reaction score
4,682
Location
Illinois
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello my name is Alex. I have been keeping aquariums for over 15 years. Over the years I have kept my own tanks worked at a LFS and did maintenance for homes and businesses. I took a 10 year break from saltwater aquariums but I decided to get it going again. I used to keep mostly LPS, Softies, anemones, and clams. I also have a soft spot for mantis shrimp.

My new display is a 120gallon 48"x24"x24".
Lighting 2 x AI Vega Color LEDs
Water flow: Vortech MP40 with UPS backup

Sump
120 gallon polyethylene tub.
Main pump: Reeflo barracuda pushing water from the basement to the upstairs display and refuge tank
Heating/Cooling: Pinpoint temperature controller connected to a 500watt heater and a fan for cooling.
Skimmer: Diablo XS 250

Refuge tank
60 gallon 48"x12"x12"
I will be growing a large variety of macro algae.

Alex




[h=1][/h]
 
Hello and welcome to R2R!

We appreciate your membership!

Thanks for joining and please make sure and post often!

19-1.gif
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.7%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 15 27.8%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 33.3%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 11.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.6%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 6 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new