Hello

Megumi05

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone I was referred here from a FB fish group I adore. Heard this is the place to go for saltwater questions, advice, concerns while being treated friendly. I have been keeping freshwater for 10+ some years and have worked with more than your average fish. I buy frozen foods, freeze dried, specialty flakes from breeders, and even breed some live food. I am a DIYer taking the dive now into saltwater.

OP
OP
M

Megumi05

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome aboard . To warn you early reef tanks and R2R are very addictive so you have been warned lol .
I know I'm feeling the excitement already and the tank is still empty of everything. This tank is actually in preparation for an indoor saltwater pond dream of mine I already have mostly mapped out. Want to make sure I can indeed put up with the maintenance and water chemistry of saltwater before I put the money into 1000 gallons worth of it. First tank will utilize one of the many empty aquariums I've acquired second hand and use mostly existing equipment. I want only a few of the more inexpensive fish species because I'm saving up my money for the big hoop-ha assuming things work out. This is my time to find out where I can improve my tank functions from doing it and ask questions as I discover them. I'm not going into this blind, as I mentioned, but I always feel hesitant til I've asked hundreds of questions and experienced something. All part of the learning process.

120reefkeeper

Reef keeping with Military Precision!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
64a34bc69de49a28bdee2729b522c919_thumb.jpg

SantaMonicaHelp

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm always happy to see an avid person new to R2R join the community :) With that being said, welcome! I'm sure the community would love to know more about you. You can update your information via your profile page as well as choose a profile picture. This forum has a lot of cool features, but overall the community is what makes it great!
What's the name of FB fish group recommended R2R to you?

- C. Smith

domination2580

Reef-a-nator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome! Congrats on joining to most fun and addicting forum of the universe, please be patient and refrain from exiting this roller coaster of a hobby. Remember to keep your legs and arms inside the ride at all times! Especially your ground probes and heaters! Lol If you get stuck or in line to get on the ride please be patient! Now in all seriousness, patience is a huge thing in this hobby. Can't wait to see some pics!

kireek

PLANESWALKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
*Welcome to Reef2Reef @Megumi05 !* I enjoy the freshwater side of things when I am not busy with my reef tank.May I ask you what are some of your favorite fresh water animals?

1460837541958.jpg

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 104 75.9%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 10.9%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 5.8%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back