0   0   0
Welcome to R2R!
giphy.gif

Nanorock1970

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R and the wonderful folks, information and help.
Patience, it is the big word around here, Reefing is patience to cycle, to watch things grow, to keep your tank balanced.
I recommend to everyone joining to create a tank build thread.
1. You get to see where you have started and how much you have grown in this hobby.
2. We love pictures and to see what your doing with your tank.
3. It’s a great learning tool for all of us to see what works and doesn’t . We learn great stuff from each other.
Lastly the only bad question here is the one not asked...
giphy.gif

OP
OP
RayneStorm

RayneStorm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What's your freshwater setup from before? Are the staff as helpful at the coral and fish shops in New Orleans?
I had 5 tanks in total, ranging from 10 to 55. Smaller tanks i was able to keep planted with "Jeffreys", (random, small colored fish like tetras, mollys, rainbows, etc.), but with the 55, I had a red fiesta that hated any kind of greenery, so she got rocks. I also had a ghost knife and a harlequin shark (Labeo cyclorhychus) for at least 10 years and when they passed away is when i took a break. My dad has and is using all my old tanks now so im having to build from the ground up again. So far, I have a 20, 30, 40 that are set up, the panels for a 55, and then the 80 i just got. Right now, i have a regular JD going on 5in, an electric blue JD about 3in, blue rams, and a baby green terror i got about 2 months ago.
The store I've been going to has a very loyal, large amount of customers and have been around for a while, its called 50 fathoms pet shop. They deal mostly in fish but also have healthy reptiles, every now and again, they get in some of the more uncommon varieties and morphs, and other small animals. If they don't have it, they put in great effort locating it. Since they finally started social media recently, their business has been booming, they still have awesome customer service, and are very responsive to a multitude of questions, the employees are varied in their own specialty making them pretty versatile.
Other than that, I haven't really seen or been to many other decent stores, but i am interested in seeing how it goes with the 2 saltwater places I found once I start doing business with them.

Good trouble: Have mushrooms ever become pests in your aquarium?

• Mushrooms would never be pests even if they kept replicating.

Votes: 20 17.9%
  • Mushrooms have not become a pest for me.

Votes: 48 42.9%
  • Mushroom have become overgrown, but not to the point of becoming pests.

Votes: 16 14.3%
  • Mushrooms have become pests in my aquarium.

Votes: 24 21.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.6%
Back