Hello!

RayneStorm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I always come across this forum when looking up anything fish related, but have always had rather basic freshwater tanks so never really paid it any mind. I've always felt way too inexperienced to even attempt a reef tank, along with the equipment involved seeming to be much more expensive and complicated really put me off. I also don't know any personal acquaintances that would be able to help me with hands-on learning and troubleshooting. Wasn't until earlier this year, I came across 2 LFS that deals with saltwater, (one deals in mostly fish, the other is mostly coral, custom tanks and stands), and I'm that type of person who prefers to go to the physical location and see for myself exactly what I'm buying. That and it feels like going to a mini aquarium for free, so I constantly window shop, or in the case of my freshwater fish store I've been going to for close to 15 years now, I literally go hang out with the manager and employees, sometimes even the owner pops in and chills with us.
I just recently started getting my freshwater setup back to what it used to be after being out of the hobby for a few years when I found the saltwater stores and next thing I know, here I am lurking the forums and decided to go ahead and join. I've recently been watching BRS tv consistently, and they are constantly hyping R2R so needless to say, I feel pretty confidant in any and all advice given by the members, especially those who've been in the salt/reef hobby since the beginning. I managed to grab an 80g, drilled with an overflow installed already but haven't touched it yet. Right now it's sitting empty on the kitchen table until I can pick up a stand for it, hopefully this weekend. I currently have 3 (10lb) bags of aragonite and enough salt for 60g, gonna try and get the rest when I pick up the stand. I'm really excited to get this up and running so I can get through the first cycle and add my first saltwater fish.
I live in the greater New Orleans area of Jefferson, right outside the city, so I'm really interested in Louisiana specific forums to keep up to date with any expos and, once I get to the corals, local frag sells.
Thank you for the oppurtunity to introduce myself, looking forward to the adventure and will post progress pictures as the tank matures!

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!

Clownfish.gif

Making themselves at home: Have you intentionally done anything in your aquarium to enhance the natural behavior of your fish?

• I planned my tank to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 27 26.5%
  • I did some things to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 36 35.3%
  • Anything that encourages natural fish behavior was a byproduct of the aquascaping.

Votes: 17 16.7%
  • I did not do anything to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 19 18.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.9%
Back