helmet sea urchin

mark vincent muriel

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 16, 2018
Messages
204
Reaction score
153
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
do any of you guys know where i can get one ..? also is their care similar to other sea urchins and is it reef safe..?
 
They are carnivores and Not reef safe. no one sells them that I know of . Unless your in the UK
 
I am from the UK, where can I get them from?
They are carnivores and Not reef safe. no one sells them that I know of . Unless your in the UK
 
Colobocentrotus atratus? If so no one is legally allowed to trade them since they are mainly found in Hawaii and a few other islands in the Indo-Pacific, all of which are illegal to collect from. As mentioned earlier they are carnivorous (at least in part), feeding on periwinkles and other small snails as well as coralline algae. They are not reef safe in anyway and have no one actually knows what their care dictates (because if people follow the law, theoretically no one has ever tried to keep one aside for short term research)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 1 2.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 15 29.4%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 35.3%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 5 9.8%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.9%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 9.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new