Help a reefer girlfriend

Aquaticstones

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone!

I am trying to find some Christmas presents for my boyfriend who is a reef addict. He loves a double bleeding apple scoly or an electus mushroom. Any help in finding one or both of these would be so grateful, or any suggestions on something else he may love.
Thanks!!

-a desperate for help girlfriend lol

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

Reefs and Geeks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very thoughtful of you to consider those very nice pieces of coral for you BF. I think the best/safest option would be to give a gift card, or simply cash and write a note saying it's for those coral that way he can purchase exactly the one he wants and will be prepared to acclimate it/ quarantine it / dip it when it arrives. Second best choice would be to ask a local fish store to order them for you and hold them for you to pick up so they are cared for before he gets them. Third choice would be to order them and let him know to be prepared for the package to come so it's opened as soon as it comes in. This I'd suggest doing well before the actual holiday as shipments will be late the week before Christmas, and that will likely mean dead coral.

I was given a gift of cash for my B day with a nice printed coupon for the fish I wanted so I could buy it when I was ready and able to be available to pick it up. I was very happy for the gift and happy with the cash instead of being unexpectedly surprised with having to acclimate and taking care of the new fish. I would have still been excited, but the cash/giftcard was a less stressful way to go for sure. I'm sure he'll be very happy however you decide to do it :)

tsouth

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would highly recommend going to your local store, explaining the situation, and finding something within the budget. The effort that you put into going to the store to align with something he loves to do, and ultimately choosing one that you liked as well as he most definitely will like - that speaks volumes more than anything. You making the trek, finding something in particular, and bringing it home and floating it in the aquarium or handing it to him means he's going to keep this as his most prized coral no doubt! His relation to you through this one coral and the memory of you going above and beyond is going to hit home more than anything.

sixty_reefer

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What you doing is really cool, but I also believe a tank is a very personal thing and we do take hours to study a coral before we do a decision i would advise on a voucher or at list find out if he made a deal with a friend any of the above corals. Am just saying as wend my missus bought me the holy grail I already had a deal with a mate for one much cheaper of what she paid. Obviously I had to cancel the deal with my mate and made a happy face :)

cCRAWLINS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you are still looking for the eclectus mushroom (possibly the scoly as well) BSA corals has some incredible shrooms and LPS too

Eggs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1 on AquaSD.

Regarding shipping and keeping alive for a Christmas gift, you could work with seller to see if they will ship it after Christmas, and gift wrap a picture of the coral.

sde1500

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1 on AquaSD.

Regarding shipping and keeping alive for a Christmas gift, you could work with seller to see if they will ship it after Christmas, and gift wrap a picture of the coral.
This is a good way to do it if you find what you want. AquaSD and BSA corals typically seem to have a selection of what you’re looking for.

AquaSD

We specialize and Rare and Unusual Corals!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 45 41.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 23 21.1%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 38 34.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.8%
Back